Prep: 5 mins
Cooks in: 25 mins
These broccoli fritters are an easy way to make your kids eat their greens 🙂 . They’re both nutritious and delicious, so let’s give them a try! 💗
1 medium broccoli (300g)
1 large egg
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
20g parmesan cheese (only for babies over 1 year old)
- Steam the broccoli for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Chop the steamed broccoli into small pieces.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and then add the breadcrumbs, the cheese and the broccoli.
- Stir until combined. You get a bit of a dry mixture in the beginning but then it will come together. If you think it is too dry, you can add a tbsp of milk.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Form patties around 1 cm thick and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- These fritters are suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner and they can be served with yogurt, ricotta cheese, tzatziki sauce or even with fruit purées.
- You can place them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to two days. Don’t forget to refrigerate freshly cooked baby food within 2 hours as bacteria will grow at room temperature after those 2 hours are up.