Prep: 10 mins
Cooks in: 25 mins
This cake is absolutely fantastic! Definitely, you have to try it, because it’s so delicious!
You can have it as a birthday cake for the little ones! 💛
100g coconut flakes
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
100g plain flour
125g unsalted butter (melted)
1tsp baking powder
1.5 maple syrup
a small piece of unsalted butter (to grease the cake tin)
- In a medium bowl mix the mascarpone together with 1 egg and 1,5 of maple syrup and then add the coconut flakes as well. At one point, you will have to use your hands to shape the batter because of the mixture texture.
- Wrap the batter in cling film and put it in the freezer.
- Melt the butter “bain marie” style and stir regularly. Then let it cool.
- In a different bowl mix those 4 eggs with the remaining maple syrup, then add the melted butter, the baking soda, the carob and then the flour and continue to mix until combined.
- Grease the interior of a round cake tin with loose base (mine was about 23cm/9’)/ round silicone cake mould with the unsalted butter piece.
- Spoon the second mixture into the cake tin and leave it aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take out the first batter from the freezer and using your hands, take dollops of the hard mixture and roll them between your hands to make small balls.
- Arrange the balls on top of the mixture and bake for about 25 minutes. When you think it’s done, test the cake with a toothpick.
- This cake is perfect as a healthier snack.
- You can place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to three days. My advice is, like with the other cooked foods, to reheat it a bit in the microwave before serving it second time, to soften a bit the sponge (it will become a bit hard in the fridge).