Prep: 15 mins
Cooks in: 20-25 mins
I know that I offer you a lot of sweet potato purées recipes, but it’s amazing how this veggie can change the taste of the food! This way, for a more nutritious meal, we can always add slightly bitter veggies if we mix them with sweet potato, butternut squash or sweet peppers.
2-3 bunches of cauliflower
4 sweet potatoes
a pinch of unsalted butter
a pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp sour cream/creme fraiche (optional)
1 hard boiled egg (optional)
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1.5 cm (half-inch).
- Steam all the vegetables, using a steamer, until soft and then blend them together.
- Add the butter and the nutmeg.
- If your baby doesn’t like their purée lumpy, you can add some of the remaining water from the steamed veggies.
- At the time of serving you can add the sour cream.
- This purée is suitable for lunch.
- You can place the purée in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to three days. Don’t forget to refrigerate freshly cooked baby food within 2 hours as bacteria will start to grow at room temperature after those 2 hours are up.
- If you choose to offer the purée with the hard boiled egg, don’t forget to cook the egg for at least 15-20 minutes from the moment the water boils.