Prep: 10 mins
Cooks in: 40 mins
Today I invite you to try this super-healthy, full of flavour recipe of courgette stew. This can be served with practically anything!
1 sweet red pepper
a small piece of leek (the white part)
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tsp plain flour
3 tbsp kefir/whole cow’s milk
freshly ground pepper
oregano to taste
- Peel the veggies and chop them finely. You can use the ninja chopper (tomatoes not to be peeled, only chopped).
- Place the red pepper, the parsnip and the leek in a pot with the oil, add water to cover and cook them for about 15 mins, from the moment the water starts to boil.
- Add the courgette to the mixture, add a little bit more water to cover the vegetables and cook them over medium heat until water starts to drop.
- You can sprinkle over black pepper and oregano.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and leave the food to cook for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the flour with the creme fraiche and then add the kefir/milk. Continue to stir until you get a creamy white sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies slowly, slowly and cook for 5 more minutes. Don’t forget to stir in the pot this whole time.
- At the time of serving flavour the food with some fresh dill.
- This dish is perfect for both lunch and dinner and it can be served with chicken/pork/lamb/fish/boiled eggs.
- You can place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to three days. Don’t forget to refrigerate freshly cooked baby food within 2 hours as bacteria will start to grow at room temperature after those 2 hours are up.