Prep: 5 mins
Cooks in: 20-25 mins
Who doesn’t love Raffaello? Today I invite you to try and make them at home because they’re so easy to make and so delicious!
2 tsp greek yogurt
1,5 tbsp maple syrup
3-4 tbsp coconut flakes
2-3 strawberries (optional)
1/2 nectarine (optional)
50g more coconut flakes (to roll the balls)
- First of all, take the mascarpone out from the fridge two hours before to reach room temperature (this will help you to get the creamy texture and to easily mix it with the syrup and the yogurt).
- Mix together the mascarpone, the yogurt, the maple syrup and 3-4 tbsp of coconut flakes until combined. If the mixture is too wet, add a little bit more coconut flakes.
- Wrap the batter in cling film and put it in the freezer for 15-20 mins until hard.
- Cut the strawberries and the nectarine into tiny pieces (optional).
- After 20 min passed, take out the batter from the freezer and using your hands, take dollops of the hard mixture and roll them between your hands to make a ball.
- Insert pieces of fruits in the middle of each ball (optional).
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes until covered.
- If you want, you can refrigerate the coconut balls for a few hours before serving.
- These delicious homemade raffaello balls are suitable for both breakfast and as a snack and they can be served with fresh fruits.
- You can place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.