Prep: 10 mins
Cooks in: 25-30 mins
Strawberry muffins are a great way to use up our summer strawberries. These are the usual blueberry muffins, but this time with an intense strawberry flavour!
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate powder
100g unsalted butter (melted)
a small piece of unsalted butter (to grease the tray)
250g plain yogurt
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt the butter “bain marie” style and stir regularly. Then let it cool.
- In a bowl mix the egg with the maple syrup, the melted butter and the yogurt.
- In a different bowl whisk together the flour, the baking powder and the bicarbonate powder. Slowly pour this over the first mixture and mix until combined.
- Mash the strawberries and add them to the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the interior of a nonstick muffin tray with the unsalted butter piece.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 25-30 mins until nicely browned.
- These strawberry muffins are suitable for both breakfast and as a snack and they can be served with yogurt or fruit purée.
- You can place the muffins in an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to three days. Don’t forget to refrigerate freshly cooked baby food within 2 hours as bacteria will start to grow at room temperature after those 2 hours are up.