Prep: 10 mins
Cooks in: 25-30 mins
There are so many stuffed aubergines recipes and they are all absolutely delicious!
This time let’s try this veggie stuffed aubergine recipe and let me know if it was a success! 🙂
2 small tomatoes
2 sweet red peppers
1 tsp olive oil
oregano to taste
freshly ground pepper
parmesan cheese (only for babies over 1 year old)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the aubergines in half length ways.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the aubergine flesh, so that you have 4 shells.
- Brush the shells with the olive oil.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices.
- Shred the courgettes, the peppers, the mushrooms and the aubergines’ flesh.
- Mix them all together and sprinkle the garlic powder, the oregano and the pepper over.
- Fill the aubergine shells with this mixture and top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until soft and golden.
- If your baby is older than 1 year old, you can sprinkle parmesan cheese over the shells 5 minutes before taking them out of the oven.
- This meal is suitable for both lunch and dinner and it can be used as a starter or accompaniment to another dish, such as meat.
- It is recommended to be served immediately to enjoy its true taste. Don’t forget to wait a bit for the aubergines to cool before offering to your babies.
- 💡 An excellent idea of serving this meal is by adding creme fraiche on top, truly delicious!